Content Design Workshop
Learn the right architecture and content model essential to tackling your business’ omnichannel digital delivery requirements.
One of today’s most daunting content delivery challenges is maximizing the relevance of every piece of content, for personas, individuals, and specific contexts, on a diverse array of target devices and channels. This session will teach a proven methodology to analyze, enrich and structure your content to help authors create omnichannel and automation-ready content. Content modelling is the backbone of an omnichannel content strategy. This session will show you how it’s done, and connect the dots between personalization, semantic content, content reuse, responsive design, omnichannel and multichannel delivery and user experience.
This practical session will show you why you want and need to have adaptive content structures to optimize user experience today. Its hands-on introductory exercises will help you model your own content in a future-proof way.
Gain an immediately applicable understanding of structured, semantic content that will improve your content’s manageability and search engine optimisation.
- An introduction to the techniques and technologies leading global brands are using to organise and target their content for maximum value-add to staff and end-users
- An immediately applicable understanding of structured, semantic content that will improve your content’s manageability and search engine optimisation
- A clear run-down of the concrete business benefits of adaptive content and omnichannel content
- A visual and conceptual language with which to align user experience designers and content creators
- A simple overview of the systems architectures used by enterprises to optimise their content for omnichannel, including knowledge bases, chatbots, portals, websites, apps, and more.
“Noz was great. He made concepts actionable and adapted to the needs of the group.”
- Understanding the difference between unstructured, structured, and omnichannel-ready, well-designed content
- Identifying the hidden models already in your content
- Breaking up traditional content and modelling it semantically
- Planning for geographic, device, time, context, and person-specific delivery
- Mapping content models to output channels.
Key concepts that will be addressed along the way
- Domain modelling
- Content modelling
- Metrics and measurement
- Content in four dimensions
Who it’s for
This session is highly cross-functional and can be applied to a variety of digital marketing and commercial communications, technical communications (e.g. HTML5, DITA, modular content), and content marketing.
- Communicators of all kinds, but specifically marketing communicators, technical communicators and user experience specialists
- Content marketers concerned about creating content at scale for a feasible cost
- Managers keen to have a deeper understanding of the process and challenge of going multi or omnichannel
- Staff responsible for taking content from unstructured and generic content and preparing it for personalised delivery in applications, online, across social media, wearable devices, and more.
The session helps address managing content personalisation and contexualisation against consistency, and good user experience across formats and omnichannel delivery. It is one of the few workshop sessions available on the market that can future-proof attendees who want to prepare both for complex web, email, and search engine and chatbot optimisation as well as up-and-coming scenarios like wearable devices, multi-screen interactions, embedded user assistance, augmented reality, and more.
The available difficulty levels are
- intermediate, and
The focused can be tuned for professionals in
- digital & content
- experience & excellence
- content marketing, and
- technical communications.
In person – on-site, at clients’ offices, as part of industry conferences.
Online – with the possibility of having the workshops recorded and transcribed.